The Jericho Road Episcopal Housing Initiative team and board of directors would like to THANK YOU for your generosity and partnership in 2019! Your vital support helped us to implement and expand our mission this year. We ask that you continue to share in this mission and make a gift to advance the work of providing opportunities for homeownership and upward financial mobility for low-income working families. This year, Jericho Road leveraged $1.1 million to invest in the lives of low-income residents across the New Orleans Metro area. Your contributions made this investment possible!
We continue to magnify our mission throughout the New Orleans Metropolitan area. This year we built a partnership with Jefferson Parish Department of Community Development (JPOCD). JPOCD is supporting one of our most recent affordable housing initiatives, The Front Porch Project. This project will provide ten (10) affordable rental units to low-income seniors who have social and health needs. Also, through this partnership, we are rehabilitating three (3) affordable homes for sale in the City of Westwego.
This year, our work also has included:
- Developed nine (9) affordable homeownership units for low-income working families.
- Expanded of our Workforce Development Program in partnership with the Louisiana Workforce Commission and Delgado Community College. This resulted in 21 underemployed young people who graduated receiving skilled training and competitive state and national certifications in carpentry and construction.
- Completed nine (9) Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation projects, addressing urgent health and safety issues for low-income elderly residents.
- Provided financial education opportunities and coaching for over 50 participants.
- Engaged over 500 residents in community engagement efforts.
This year, Jericho Road achieved the designation of HUD certified non-profit. This designation allows us to purchase HUD-owned homes at a discounted rate without utilizing government subsidies, a resource that has drastically decreased in recent years. Now, Jericho Road is eligible to acquire these homes within a 200-mile radius of New Orleans within the state of Louisiana – furthering our geographic reach and impact in an increasing housing market. Because of this autonomy, we are launching a new initiative, The Reclamation Project, which will permit us to renovate and sell homes at an affordable rate to more low-income working families.
Jericho Road believes that building thriving communities means investing in the lives of residents at all levels. Through affordable housing, educational opportunities, community revitalization and engagement and workforce training, we are looking forward to more equitable and prosperous outcomes for the communities we serve. Please join us in this imperative work by giving a gift TODAY!
Warmest holiday wishes from us to you!
The Jericho Road Team