At Jericho Road we are committed to individual and professional growth. As an organization, Jericho Road employs the best practices in affordable housing and community development. Join our team and use your talents to help us build a more thriving New Orleans community.
The Research and Grants VISTA will work across program areas in the Jericho Road organizational structure – these programs include, but are not limited to: (1) Housing Sustainability; (2) Community Engagement; and (3) Resource Development. In this role, the VISTA is focused on creating tools, developing narratives, and conducting research that all support the overall mission of creating pathways out of poverty for low-income working families. We are seeking individuals who are committed to service. Many aspects of this position will require training by Jericho Road. However, we are looking result-driven professional with strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills. The ideal person for this position would be someone with a professional interest in exposure to the non-profit sector, a personal interest in social justice issues and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of others.
The following duties are typical for this role. You may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address organization needs and changing practices.
- Dedicate time daily to grant research, reporting finds weekly to the Executive Director.
- Assist in writing narratives for grant applications.
- Research the evidence for demand for various program areas in order to collect resources, data, articles, etc. to support Jericho Road’s programs.
- Research for and write Case for Support statements to support organizational sustainability, program areas or smaller initiatives that will be used in grant applications.
- Evaluate and refine current grant tracking system.
- Administer the tracking of grant applications with the oversight of the Executive Director.
- Manage Jericho Road’s online organizational presence through various profiles (i.e. GuideStar, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Research and compose articles for various mediums directed to Jericho Road supporters in an effort to build awareness and grow advocates for the need for affordable housing.
- Develop strategies for measuring, tracking, and reporting data from each program area to illustrate the impact Jericho Road’s work has on the families and communities served.
- Assist in creating Salesforce as a primary depository for data collection and resource information.
- Develop strategies and resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Jericho Road team members, particularly those who are more short-term (i.e. VISTA members, interns, etc. to ensure smooth and consistent transitions).
- Bachelor’s degree required (research and writing background preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher or similar programs.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Jericho Road and the families we serve.
- Monthly living allowance.
- End-of-Service Award (Education Award or Stipend).
- Vacation and sick leave.
- Professional development.
Work Hours: Full-time; M-F
Service Period: November 15, 2018 to November 15, 2019
To apply: You must apply through the Corporation for National and Community Service’s AmeriCorps VISTA program. For more information about AmeriCorps visit: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps. Applications must be submitted to participate in the interview process. To apply for this opening visit our service listing at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=82691&fromSearch=true.
Deadline for accepting applications is Friday, October 26, 2018.
To learn more about Jericho Road’s work, please visit: www.jerichohousing.org.
For general inquiries related to this position, contact Traci Simon, firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.942.0444.