Since 2006, Jericho Road has been committed to providing a holistic approach towards community development. Our focus includes affordable housing development, housing sustainability, community engagement, vacant land management and workforce development. Throughout our work, we have partnered with residents and key partners to have a lasting positive impact on the communities we serve.
Over the last twelve years, the scope of our work includes:
- An investment of $16 million in the Central City community,
- The development of 58 universally designed, energy-efficient affordable single-family homeownership units for sale to low-moderate income working families in Central City,
- The successful transition of 58 low-moderate-income working families into homeownership,
- Co-developed The Muses, a mixed-income and mixed-use space housing 263 one to four bedroom rental apartment units in Central City,
- Completed 10 Owner-Occupied Rehab projects for very-low-income elderly households,
- Provided 100 (+) homebuyers developer support throughout the homebuying process,
- The education and support of over 60 first-time homebuyers through the Central City Homebuyer’s Club,
- The creation and continued maintenance of two urban agriculture sites: a community garden and fruit tree orchard/flower farm in Central City,
- The implementation and maintenance of blight reduction strategies on 25 vacant properties in Central City,
- The education of over 100 families through healthy living initiatives and workshops,
- The facilitation of over 11,000 resident volunteer hours,
- The coordination of over 100 hosted service projects resulting in over 15,000 service hours contributed to projects in Central City, and
- The development and continued support of two neighborhood associations in Central City.